Laurel's Birthday Banner

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Frances's Birthday Banner

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Silliman Track Meet

"Daddy" waiting at the finish line of Emma's first race.



My dad is such a huge fan of track, and has been a fantastic support for all of his children, attending as many meets as he could manage over the years and keeping track of all of our times and our progress. This year is Emma's senior year in high school, and her final track season.


Daddy has been accepted into a clinical trial to target his cancer, and is being treated in Bethesda, MD. Unfortunately, this trial requires him to stay in MD for at least 4 months, which means he will miss watching Emma compete in her meets.



Before he left, Daddy posed for a photo, holding a sign for Emma. With Trey's help, this photo was transformed into a life-sized poster! As a surprise for Emma, I brought "Daddy" with me to one of Emma's track meets. As she geared up for her first race, I found some friends to stand with him at the finish line so I could catch her reaction on my video camera. She didn't see him until she crossed the finish line, and her surprise was priceless!


To keep Daddy updated while he's away, I created a blog of Emma's track season. You can check out the photos and video of our track star too, by visiting this blog. Go Emma!

No comments: