Laurel's Birthday Banner

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Frances's Birthday Banner

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Sprinkler System Installation, plus Laurel and Christopher

The front of our house during the sprinkler system installation. What a wet, muddy mess!
Chris and Trey bury the sprinkler line under the sidewalk. Ron, covered in mud, figures out how to repair a cut to the water line. The back of my dirty, dirty husband.






This weekend, we tackled the installation of our new sprinkler system. I say "we," but I really mean the boys- Trey, his dad Ron, Patrick, Chris, John, Will and Scott. I knew our yard would be a mess, but the rain didn't help! It is muddy everywhere! I've swept my house more this weekend than I have in the entire time we've lived here, just trying to keep the dirt out...or at least contained.

Luckily, I had Betsy and our good friend, Leslie, helping me. Together, we kept those working boys fed, the laundry going, and Laurel and Christopher entertained. And we had a great time catching up. Christopher and Laurel had a fun time playing together. Laurel loves Christopher and hugged on him all weekend. Saturday morning, Christopher and Bebe were watching cartoons together, and Laurel was busy climbing on and hugging Christopher. Check out her moves in the first video...so funny!

The second video is of Laurel crawling. She is fast! Her signature move is to crawl a little ways, then turn and look back over one shoulder before moving on. It's too cute.

Thanks to everyone who help install our sprinkler system, especially Ron, who designed and worked the hardest, and to Betsy and Leslie for helping me keep it together!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

SO dirty! Looks like fun. Hey Nancy--you going to move on from your Christmas background anytime soon? ;)